This is a friendly reminder that Smith provides information technology resources to students, faculty, and staff for academic purposes and for their use while engaged in college business. The college has established standards and policies for the acceptable use of these resources, and expects all students, faculty, and staff to be familiar with and honor them.
In accordance with the college’s Acceptable Use Policy, Smith computer systems, data networks, and information technology services may be used only for lawful purposes and in a manner consistent with college policies. Some of the actions prohibited by law and/or Smith’s policy include (but are not limited to):
- Sharing your account or password with anyone.
- Copying software, documents or other intellectual property in violation of state and federal laws.
- Downloading, or making available for download to others, audio and video files without the permission of the copyright owner.
- Use of copyrighted audio, video, images, text, or software without permission of the copyright owner.
- Use of audio, pictures, videos, movies, or likenesses of people without their written consent.
We strongly encourage all students, faculty, and staff to read and become familiar with the college’s full Acceptable Use Policy.