Smith College blogs hosted on Sophia were upgraded to WPMu 2.6.2 this morning.
The update includes a number of stability fixes and a security patch, as well as one new feature: You can now easily add images to your posts or pages using a URL!
- Find an image online or upload your own to your Sophia web space.
- Right-click (or ctrl-click if you’re on a Mac) on the image and choose Copy Image Location. (The URL of the picture is now in your clipboard.)
- Login to your blog and begin writing a post (or edit an existing one).
- Click on the Add an Image button at the top of the Visual Editor.
- The Insert Media window will open. Paste the image URL into the Source field, give your image a Title and Caption, choose the Alignment, and a Link URL, then click Insert into Post. (Only Source and Image Title are required, but if you are using someone else’s image, it is good “netiquette” link back to the original source.)