From Nao’s email…
Our third GB meeting will be on Tuesday 10/21 at Chase House from 5:30pm.
We are meeting in the language table room. When you enter the dining room, make an immediate left! You will find a huge room opposite the public bathroom!
We will talk about….
-Time Table Sign up sheet for the different booths for Ennichi
-Cooking (Okonomiyaki) sign up sheet for Saturday morning
-Who will be wearing the yukatas
- sign-up for dance performance @ Asian Tea HouseFiled under meeting agenda | Comment (0)
September 30, 2008
• Reintroduced yourselves (got a few new members) !
• The Chrysanthemum Show: November 2008
- Tea Ceremony with Hubbard-sensei, November 8, 2008 2:00pm TBA
- Tea Ceremony Helpers: Allie Hallie, Elizabeth (Allie) Hillis, Saran Amartuvshin, Koin Busch, Sarah Kang, Alison Gould, Christine Yeh, Allie Iuliano, Mary Roh, and Gladys Palaguachi.
- Lectures on East Asian culture (free and fun! )
- Bamboo Basket Workshop
- First 15 people who come to tea ceremony get to participate!
- Chrysanthemum Banner Volunteers: Kathryn (Allie) Hallie and Mary Roh. Publicity people.
• Ennichi: Saturday, October 25, 2008 12-3pm Chapin Lawn
- Activities: Calligraphy, Photo Shoot (have to decide whether to charge each person a fee for each picture taken or NOT), tongue twisters, Yoyo fishing, and the Ring Toss game(maybe). (have not decided on whether to have both the yoyo fishing and ring toss game)
- Possible Japanese foods to cook: Yakisoba (fried noodles), Okonomiyaki (pancakes), Mochi (rich cakes), Miso soup, Onigiri, Green Tea/Soda/Water,etc.
• Asian Tea House: Saturday, October 25, 2008 7:30pm? 8:00pm? Sage Hall
- We are lending towards a combination of “Chocolate Disco” by Perfume and Super Mario Brothers in our dance. Any more suggestions?
• Possible Agenda for Next GB Meeting:
- Sign up sheets for Ennichi shifts including people who are interested in helping prepare the food.
- Decide which song(s) to use for our Asian Tea House dance. Yay!
- Decide whether to have the ring tossing game in Ennichi or not.
- Maybe an after Ennichi party!? Just a thought.
SazanamiFiled under meeting agenda | Comment (1)
September 16, 2008
I. Brief History of Sazanami:
- Roughly 15 years of history on Smith Campus.
- Promote and facilitate the understanding of Japanese culture through fun events.
- Is for anyone interested in any aspect of Japanese culture and language. No need
to be Japanese or speak Japanese. Just be enthusiastic!
II. Events Planned for This Semester:
October – Ennichi (Japanese summer festival), Asian Tea House.
November – Chrysanthemum Show (1-16), Sushi & Origami Workshop.
III. Positions Descriptions:
If you want to a part of E-board, there are available positions that you can run for. We need:
Publicity Chair(s): Making posters for events, chalking around campus, SPREADING THE WORD.
Social Chair(s): Booking rooms for meetings and events, planning up fun things to do for exclusive Saza member gatherings.
Secretary: Taking notes for cabinet and GB Meetings. Making agendas, event calendars, organize schedules and documents.
Historian: Take pictures at events. Make a small yearbook at the end of the year. (i.e. Saza Photo Album)
Web Master: Updates Sazanami website. Be creative! We are open to new suggestions.
(We REALLY need someone for this position since we have quite a lot of updating to do.)
WELCOME TO SAZANAMI!