You don’t have to be confused about copyright law & file sharing – know what’s legal and what’s not.
- Read the letter from Herb Nickles, Director of ITS, to all students about illegal file sharing on campus.
- Review the Procedures for Notification of Copyright Infringement Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and the Policy on Acceptable Use of Computer Resources.
- Take a look at the File Sharing @ Smith FAQ.
- Read about the risks of file sharing from the US Computer Emergency Readiness Team.
- Use legal downloading and file sharing services.
- Educate yourself on copyright law and plagiarism.
- Protect your computer from spyware by downloading and installing McAffee VirusScan 8.0.5i Plus (Windows only) from the Smith Software Downloads page.
- Share copyrighted material without explicit permission of the copyright holder!