Add a new post to your WordPress Site.
Who can do this?
Contributors, Authors, Editors & Administrators
Posts appear in reverse chronological order on a site home page. As opposed to pages, posts may have comments fields and are included in the site’s RSS feed.
To add a new post:
- Log in to your WordPress Site
- From the Toolbar menu, select +New, then click Post.
- In the title box, enter your post title. Based on your title, WordPress will automatically create a link for the post.
- In the post editing area, enter your content.
- Additional sections (category, tags, featured image) may be completed as needed and/or edited at a later time.
- Additional publishing selections may be made within the Publish box (status, visibility and publish) as needed and/or edited at a later time.
- When you are ready to publish, click the Publish button.
To learn more about creating a post, click here.
Contributors cannot publish posts.