Change or add a header image
Change or add a header image to a WordPress site.
Who can do this?
Anyone who can edit the WordPress site (Editor, Editor Plus and Administrators).
Depending on what theme is installed, the styling and design of a header will vary.
Once in the dashboard:
For the “Twenty” themes:
- Go to Appearance → Header in the left navigation bar.
- WordPress will display the existing header. You can either choose an image from your computer or your media library. To learn about media libraries click here. Upload your chosen image.
- Uploaded Images allows you to choose to use a previous header. Default Images allows you to use one of the headers already installed in the theme. Remove Image allows you to remove a current header by clicking on the Remove Header Image button.
For the Tinctura Theme:
- Go to Appearance → Theme Options in the left navigation bar.
- Within Theme Options select Header. Copy and paste an image url into the blank or select the blue plus sign button to Upload an image or select an image from the Media Library.
- Click on Send to [theme name] button when finished.
- To change a header, click on the red minus sign button.
- A window will pop up asking if you are sure you want to remove the item. Select OK.
- At the bottom of the page, select Save Changes to apply the new header to your site or Reset Options to continue using your current header.