Categories

A sample text widget

Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis euismod dolor nec pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.

Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan. Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem, suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna.

(Other) Americans here embarrass me

I was on the bus the other night, and I heard an American girl talking to an Israeli about where she was from. She kept saying Washington, so he asked if that was near New York. (I’m pretty sure Israelis think New York is the only state in the US). “No,” She explained, “I’m from the state of Washington, on the other side of the country. You must be thinking of Washington, D.C.”

“Oh, right, right. I understand. Wait, what state is Washington D.C. in?” He asked.

“Well its not really in a state. Its sort of in the middle of three states: Delaware, Massachusetts and something else. I can’t really remember. I’ve never really been to the East Coast. But I heard its really nice.” [AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Is what I was thinking]

“Yeah, I remember now. You’re right. I can’t believe you’ve never been to the East Coast! New York is amazing! So how do you like Birthright so far?”

Oh right. Did I mention I was on the bus back to the dorms and this Israeli was picking up a birthright girl and taking her home with him? I applaud him for his skill at picking up random American girls; I feel bad for the staff of her trip who were probably looking for her all night…

Tonight, another situation occurred that made me  wish I were at least Canadian so I didn’t have to be associated such ridiculous humans. I was in Mamilla trying to find a place to buy a water bottle, when I stopped at an Ice Cream shop and saw a family getting some Ice Cream. After the Israeli woman gave the mother her Ice Cream, she looked at it, said it looked “Melted and Saggy” (even though it came right out of the freezer) and told her to give her a new one. I wish I could’ve shown you the Israeli’s face. Priceless. Here was this woman, upwards of 400 pounds, and she was yelling because she didn’t think there was enough Ice Cream in her cone. When the woman gave her a new cone, it literally looked exactly the same as the first one. The worst part was that her family saw her complaints as completely legitimate. I wanted to shake all of them and scream, “There are bigger things in this world then how much Ice Cream is in your cone!!!”

…But maybe that is just the conflict and the stresses of living here for the past two months getting to my head. Everyone knows I too am a sucker for Ice Cream.

-Katy