Categories

A sample text widget

Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis euismod dolor nec pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.

Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan. Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem, suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna.

English Camp Training

So as of yesterday I stopped working with the babies and starting training for the English camp that opens next week (and caters to the middle school age). I have to admit, I’m not completely happy with the change, but that could also be because I haven’t met any of the kids I’m going to be working with yet. All of my coworkers are super nice, but they are also very typically American, which is strange for me. Up until now, Hand-in-Hand has been a complete immersion into Israeli/Palestinian culture. Being thrust back into an American environment was very jarring, and at the beginning, slightly annoying. It was just a lot of discussion about feelings and words clouds etc. All of that isn’t really my thing. Another thing that was frustrating was that a lot of the coworkers had just arrived in Jerusalem, so our bosses were giving a kind of introduction to Jerusalem, something I have already done extensively.

All complaining aside, it does seem like it’s going to be fun. I just hope that I can control my kids well! I’m afraid it’s going to get a little out of control. I guess you’ll have to check my later posts to see whether or not I can handle a bunch of middle schoolers!

Hannah

30 comments to English Camp Training