Categories

A sample text widget

Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis euismod dolor nec pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.

Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan. Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem, suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna.

On Losing My Rock Climbing Virginity

Last Wednesday, Rebekah and I went on an evening adventure to Teddy Stadium in order to leave no rock…err multicolored protruding structure unclimbed. We were joined by two of Rebekah’s friends from the dig: Benny and Yael. It was the first time I had ever gone rock climbing.

The room with the rock climbing walls was huge and completely un-air conditioned. More advanced climbers could even climb on the ceiling.  Since there was a bar mitzah scheduled there that evening, the place was filled with 12-year old boys running around. It was nice to see Israelis of all ages enjoying the sport.

It was a bit frustrating to learn how to belay for the first time, but eventually I got the hang of it and no one died, which is what really matters at the end of the day. My climbing was also not as successful as I had hoped for; I only made it to the top once on one of the easier walls. Normally, I only made it about halfway up before I started to panic because my arms couldn’t reach high enough. How frustratingly unpleasant! Then again, I was a sheltered child so my climbing skills are still at a pretty elementary level. Nonetheless, the world has nothing to weep at for when I do permanently move to Israel, I shall become a renowned climbing master (assuming I don’t get detained or arrested first).

I would insert another sappy Oprah-worthy paragraph here about how important it is to have new experiences and broaden you horizons and live every moment as if it were your last, but come on that would be way too predictable. Besides, I only do impulses not feelings.

Until next climb,

Karina

1 comment to On Losing My Rock Climbing Virginity