Categories

A sample text widget

Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis euismod dolor nec pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.

Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan. Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem, suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna.

The Pigeon Man

The week when Yvonne’s dad and her brother came to Jerusalem, we decided to take a break from the city and go to the beach. We first stopped at Yaffo and Yvonne and I gave them a quick tour and a brief history lesson of the area. It was interesting to see how just two and a half months ago, I was trailing behind a tour guide and gawking at the architecture, view, and history.

The most refreshing and thought-provoking part of the trip was the bike ride along the shore of Tel-Aviv. As the light, warm breeze that carried the scent of the sea hit my face, I was able to reflect on how much I have learned about Jerusalem and myself.

We soon reached the sandy beach and frolicked in the cool water. After a dip in the sea, we laid on the beach with the sun glaring down on us. Then all of a sudden, a man took a sharp turn kicking sand in the air. When the dust cleared, we saw the man smiling from ear to ear holding a pigeon in his hands. He played around with it and nonchalantly chucked it into a backpack and zipped it up. At that point, I was in shock of what had happened. I couldn’t believe that he actually caught a pigeon then shoved it into a back pack. The backpack was definitely moving at this point. His friend came over shortly and tried to open the backpack and yelled. Everyone around that vicinity knew what was inside of it. Then the man who caught the bird came over, unzipped the backpack and grabbed the pigeon. He started shoving it into the neck of his friend and let out a loud and thundering laugh and threw the pigeon towards the sky. Poor pigeon, it flew from the beach clear towards the hotel and beyond. I have a feeling that that pigeon will never step on the sandy beaches of Tel-Aviv ever again.

1 comment to The Pigeon Man