A sample text widget

Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis euismod dolor nec pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.

Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan. Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem, suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna.

What Can You Do With a Physics Degree?

I’m interested in physics but not sure what you can do with a BA in physics other than become a professor. What can you do with a physics degree?

Below are the answers from several alums regarding what they did with their degrees.

Alexis (Class of 2006): I thought for awhile that I wanted to go into physics research but decided I wanted to work in education. Currently, I’m working on a doctorate in education and doing research on women in graduate physics. There are a lot of avenues to take in education where having a physics background is definitely an asset.

Emily (Class of 2006): I’m currently at graduate school in an applied physics program and while I would love to be a professor one day, I continue to learn about all the opportunities available to students with a physics background because of the critical thinking skills that an education in physics develops. Within the sciences, people with a physics background are highly valued in all disciplines because of their new and different ideas they can bring to a subject. I’ve spoken with physics majors who have become doctors, lawyers, teachers, policy makers, consultants, business women, and activists.