“A bend in the road is not the end of the road… unless you fail to make the turn.” ~Author Unknown

May 2nd, 2012

I don’t know about you, but I’m beginning to wonder if the Mayans were on to something.  Not really, but I’ve heard that troubles come in 3s.  Not so this past week and a half.  Unexpected problems have been climbing over each other to get to me!
What up?!

I believe that “things happen for a reason.”  Ok, good, because my life lately is a real page-turner!  What will happen next?!  I also believe that the Universe, God, Source always provides.  Wow.  I can’t wait to see how they’ll get me out of this one!

Bottom line is, I still have CHOICES.

How I respond (within and outside myself) is a CHOICE:
EITHER, “Why me?  What did I do to deserve this?”
OR, “What am I learning from this?  How is it shaping me?  What is it requiring of me?  Patience?  Faith?  Strength?  Slow down?”

How I feel about it is a CHOICE:
EITHER, “These things always happen to me!”
OR,  “It could be worse.  My other needs are still being met.”

What I believe is a CHOICE:
EITHER, “Life sucks!”
OR,  “Such is life.  I can get through this.  Things will get better like they always do.  I’ve gotten through worse than this before.”

Difficulties help me appreciate days of ease and strengthen me when I face them.  Grrr!  Bring it on!  (Jus’ kidding!)

Things to do instead when it’s beyond your control:

• Focus on other, more joyous, things.
  • Write when things are wrong.
  • Count and appreciate other blessings, big and small.
  • Breathe.  There’s always tomorrow.
  • Remember other times you pulled through and what got you there.

In life there is ebb and flow.  Just because we’re ebbing doesn’t mean we’ll never flow again.  Think of yourself as an arrow. You’re only being pulled back on the bow so you can spring forward that much further when you let go.  And, oh, the ride when you do!

2 Responses to ““A bend in the road is not the end of the road… unless you fail to make the turn.” ~Author Unknown”

1. Erica on May 2, 2012 12:44 pm

I love that “just because we’re ebbing doesn’t mean we’ll never flow again…” 🙂

2. Chantal on August 26, 2012 12:39 pm

We absolutely love your blog and find the majority of your post’s to be what precisely I’m looking for.
    Do you offer guest writers to write content to suit your needs?
    I wouldn’t mind writing a post or elaborating on a few of the subjects you write related to here. Again, awesome site!