Update: The 5C Record Merge Working Group strives to ensure that all can attend by providing a virtual option to our open houses and meetings. In light of recent institutions’ restrictions and COVID-19, this Friday’s open house will have the option to attend virtually via a Zoom scheduled meeting. We expect attendance numbers well below 50 and the in person meeting is still scheduled as this falls within Smith’s restriction of how many can meet in person for an event. Of course, please use your best judgement. Our documents can be viewed online which includes the presentation for this Friday. Lastly, to facilitate feedback and communication, we encourage you to send us your comments.
The Record Merge Working Group invites you to an open house on March 13, 2020. The purpose of this open house is to update the 5C community on the working group’s activities and present decisions made thus far by the working group for comment and review by the community. This open house is open to everyone. We encourage everyone to join us in particular those who have a stake in our future shared bibliographic environment. And there will be snacks.
- Day: Friday, March 13, 2020
- Time: 1:00 -2:30 pm
- Location: 5C Library Annex in Hatfield
Presentation Slides for Open House: Please note that we are still working on the slides at this time.
- Introduction & Welcome (5 min.)
- Review of Record Merge Recommendations of What is in Scope and Relationship to Migration (10 min.)
- Brief Introduction to the Backstage Library Works Dedup Profile (5 min.)
- Comment and Review of Working Group’s Decisions on 5C Shared Bibliographic Guidelines & Procedures (40 min.)
- Discussion: Potential Clean-up projects (15 min.)
Working Draft Documentation:
We ask the community to understand that these documents are currently skeletons. Over the next year, we will be adding and refining them and are the group’s working copies.