Reminder: Everyone is Welcome to the Open House
The Record Merge Working Group invites you to an open house on July 17, 2020. The purpose of this open house is to update the 5C community on the working group’s activities and present decisions made thus far by the working group for comment and review by the community. environment.
- Day: Friday, July 17, 2020
- Time: 1:00 -2:30 pm
- Zoom URL
- Meeting Recording will be shared afterwards
- Introduction & Welcome
- Review of Bib Merge Working Documents
- Anti-oppressive additions to the Guidelines
- OCLC Numbers
- Remove Notes with $5 of DLC
- Decoupling Bibliographic records with holdings in both general and special collections
- Clean-up projects. Where are we?
Working Draft Documentation:
The following are the working documents of the working group.
- 5C Shared Bibliographic Guidelines & Procedures: This is a draft and used to log decisions once they have been reviewed and commented on by the community during an open house.
- 5C Tag Treatment for Merge: This is the working copy of what the group is doing with MARC bibliographic tags in relation to the merge and cleanup related to the merge.
- BSLW Dedup Profile Decisions: This is where we are recording decisions on settings for the merge with Backstage Library Works.