October Update

It has been a while since an update and you may have been wondering what I have been up to. I have been busily continuing to describe the microfilm series! There has been a lot of great material that I am excited to eventually be available digitally at the end of the project. I have gone through the foreign work files following YWCA USA secretaries as they empower women around the world, World War II files with sometimes harrowing accounts of the affects the war has on people, public affairs files documenting the social and political issues YWCA USA fights for and much much more.

In addition to the ongoing task of metadata creation, I have been gettingĀ training and practice in ArchivesSpace which will contain the digital object descriptions within the context of the finding aid.

I have also started receiving files from the photograph and serials series! It is a lot of fun to see these materials come in. Here are a couple teaser images as examples of what to expect.

Enjoy!

worldfellowshipb1001f15_26 worldfellowshipb1001f15_1 eliminationofracismb1001f4_11 amv1n1p5 amv1n1p4 amv1n1p3