The following is the Table of Contents from the April 1993 edition of Metamorphoses. The complete edition, including the original language versions for poetry, is available only in print.
- Thoughts on Publishing Metamorphoses Number Two, page 1.
- An Interview with Leif Sjöberg, page 35.
- Context in Translation, page 3.
- Translation as a Political Instrument, page 15.
- Savior, Spy: Thinking about What We Do, page 22.
- Some Thoughts on Translating Ibsen, page 27.
- Translating with W.H. Auden: Gunnar Ekelof’s Last Poems, page 38.
Ruben Darío, Translated from the Spanish by Kelly Washbourne:
- Honorio’s Nightmare, page 48.
Pavel Grigoryuk, Translated from the Russian by Joseph Lake:
- Excerpt from the Autobiography of Pavel Grigoryuk, page 51.
Tamas Aczel, Translated from the Hungarian by the author:
- Julia, page 56.
- Palace Hotel, page 58.
Barbro Dahlin, Translated from the Swedish by Eva Claeson:
- Death Comes so Gently, page 60.
Rolf Jacobsen, Translated from the Norwegian by Roger Greenwald:
- Meadowsweet, page 62.
- Gaslight, page 62.
Else Lasker-Schuler, Translated from theGerman by Betty Falkenberg:
- My People, page 64.
- How Greatly Deceptive and Various, Translated from the Italian by Elena Maclachlan, page 66.
- With the Ships of Passage, Translated from the German by Peter Viereck, page 70.
- The Demons of the Cities, Translated from the German by Peter Viereck and Boris Pasternak, page 76.
- The Final Vigil, Translated from the German by Peter Viereck, page 84.
- What do You Think?, page 86.