The following is the Table of Contents from the April 1994 edition of Metamorphoses. The complete edition, including the original language versions for poetry, is available only in print.
- An Editorial of Sorts, page 1.
Adnan Hayward and Michael Beard:
- From the Interlinear to the Familiar, page 4.
Giorgio de Chirico, Translated from the Italian by Elizabeth Petroff and Richard Pioli:
- Monsieur Dudron’s Adventure, page 15.
Gerardo Mario Goloboff, Translated from the Spanish by Ilan Stavans:
- The Passion According to San Martin, page 30.
Nela Rio, Translated from the Spanish by Samuel Zimmerman:
- Ever Carlotta, page 36.
Gaito Gazdanov, Translated from the Russian by Laurence Bogoslaw:
- The Adventurer, page 40.
Märta Tikkannen, Translated from the Swedish by Eva Claeson:
- From Little Red Ridinghood, page 49.
Women Troubadours, Translated from the Old Occitan by Sarah White:
- Songs of Women Troubadours, page 56.
Mihai Eminescu, Translated from the Romanian by Nathaniel Smith:
- The Star, page 70.
Bartomeu Rosselló-Pòrcel, Translated from the Catalan by Nathaniel Smith:
- Beginning of a Bell, page 72.
- Bird Curves, page 74.
Ishikawa Takuboku, Translated from the Japanese by Carl Slesar:
- Sad Toys, page 76.
Eeva-Liisa Manner, Translated from the Finnish by Ritva Poom:
- Illuminated Night, page 80.
- Inscribed Stone, page 82.
- Nada, page 84.
- Marie Thérèse Paradies, page 86.
- Notte, Serene Ombré, page 88.
- Motif Number 1, page 90.
Antonio Porpetta, Translated from the Spanish by Elizabeth Gamble Miller:
- The Fine Lady, page 94.
- The Boy, page 98.
- Words, page 102.
- On Making Images, page 109.