The following is the Table of Contents from the April 1995 edition of Metamorphoses. The complete edition, including the original language versions for poetry, is available only in print.
- Nomen est Omen…, page 1.
- Ovidian Ladies and Homeric Gentlemen, page 4.
Alfred Döblin, Translated from the German by Elizabeth Welt Trahan:
- The Murder of a Buttercup, page 25.
Beb Vuyk, Translated from the Dutch by E.M. Beekman:
- Way Baru, page 35.
Raffaele La Capria, Translated from the Italian by E.A. Petroff and R.J. Pioli:
- The Discovery of the Blue Grotto, page 45.
Carlo Levi, Translated from the Italian by Melinda Kennedy:
- Words are Stones: Part I, page 51.
Ilan Stavans, Translated from the Nahuatl by Daniel G. Brinton:
- Translation and Conquest, page 67.
- Five Nahuatl Poems, page 72.
Zsuzsanna Palko, Introduced and translated from the Hungarian by Vera Kalm:
- The Wager of the Two Friends, page 88.
Irving and Revon Reed, Martin Latiolais & Odette Coussan, Introduced and translated from the Cajun by Barry Jean Ancelet:
- A Few Cajun Tales, page 97.
- Folk Art, page 106.
Milada Soucková, Jaroslav Seifert, Egon Bondy, Introduced and translated from the Czech by Ron Banerjee and Maria Nemcova Banerjee:
- Three Czech Poems, page 117.
Jozsef Erdely, Translated from the Hungarian by Vera Kalm:
- Morning, page 132.
Beverly Matherne, Translated from the Cajun by the author:
- Seven Cajun Poems, page 134.
Heinrich Heine, Translated from the German by Walter Arndt:
- Six German Poems, page 140.
Johanna Ekström, Translated from the Swedish by Eva Claeson:
- Five Swedish Poems, page 143.
Lotte Linck, Translated from the Danish by Susanne Jörn:
- Four Danish Poems, page 148.
- Review of Je Suis cadien, by Jean Arceneaux, page 156.
- Review of A Year of the Hunter, by Czeslaw Milosz, page 159.
- Review of Francis Ponge: Selected Poems, Ed. Margaret Guiton, page 161.
- Review of Sleep Rhymes Around the World, Ed. Jane Yolen, page 163.
- Thumbprint, page 166.