The following is the Table of Contents from the April 1996 edition of Metamorphoses. The complete edition, including the original language versions for poetry, is available only in print.
- In Memoriam: Iosif Brodsky: 1940-1996, page 1.
Iosif Brodsky, Translated from the Russian by Laszlo Tikos:
- The Jewish Cemetery, page 4.
Gaito Gazdanov, Translated from the Russian by Ian Brownlie and Claire Dienes:
- Princess Mary, page 8.
Leo Tolstoy, Translated from the Russian by Laszlo Tikos:
- An Early Fragment, page 17.
- Cynthia Elbaum, Photographer, page 19.
Barbro Dahlin, Translated from the Swedish by Eva Claeson:
- The Sun Dance, page 24.
Antonio Porchia, Translated from the Spanish by W.S. Merwin:
- Voices, page 31.
Margaret McClumpha Mark:
- The Short Happy Life of Victor Bridgman, page 34.
Ruth Kennedy, Oxon.:
- To the Members of the Cercle Bridgman, page 36.
- A Literary Impersonation, page 40.
Ossian, Translated from the Gaelic by James MacPherson:
- The Poems of Ossian, page 41.
Emine Sevgi Özdamar, Translated from the German by Lynn A. Prince:
- Mothertongue, page 46.
- Grandfathertongue, page 49.
Lynn A. Prince:
- Translating the Temporal: Le Voyeur into The Voyeur, page 69.
Salvatore Quasimodo, Translated from the Italian by Melinda Kennedy with Hélène Canterella:
- So Long the Night, page 82.
- The Color of Rain and Iron, page 82.
- The Ferry, page 85.
- Green Driftings, page 86.
- In a Far-Away City, page 89.
Alberto de Lacerda, Translated from the Portuguese by Alexis Levitin:
- Five Poems, page 90.
Sara Vanegas Coveña, Translated from the Spanish by Alícia Cabiedes-Fink and Ted Maier:
- Green, page 94.
- Sips, page 94.
- Procession, page 96.
- Leave Me, page 96.
Gabriele D’Annunzio, Translated from the Italian by Richard J. Pioli:
- Il Fanciullo, page 98.
Brother Roman de Cornet, Translated from the Provençal by Nathaniel Smith:
- Truffa, page 116.
- Iam, Dulcis Amica, page 120.
- Translated from the Latin by Helen Waddell.
- Translated from the French by Nathaniel Smith.
Osip Mandelstam, Translated from the Russian by Ron Banerjee and Maria Nemcova Banerjee:
- Venetian Life, page 124.
Irina Ratmirova, Translated from the Russian by Dean Furbish:
- Sparrow Hills, page 126.
- Time is Night, page 128.
- Something is Going On, page 128.
- And Here It Is Already Summer, page 130.
- This Morning, page 132.
- Pierced By Time We Live, page 134.
Gunnar Ekelöf, Translated from the Swedish by Brita Stendahl:
- Euphoria, page 136.
- Melancholia, page 136.
Inga-Britt Wik, Translated from the Swedish by Eva Claeson:
- October, page 138.
Nina Cassian, Translated from the Romanian by Richard Wilbur:
- Ballad of the Jack of Diamonds, page 140.
- Plainsongs, by Darrell Bourque, page 142.
Maria Lúcia Milléo Martins:
- Matéria Solar, by Eugenio de Andrade, page 144.
- A Day in Winter, page 148.