The following is the Table of Contents from the December 1993 edition of Metamorphoses. The complete edition, including the original language versions for poetry, is available only in print.
- From the Word to Words, page 1.
- Some Thoughts on Translating Rhyme, page 4.
Ruben Darío, Translated from the Spanish by Kelly Washbourne:
- The Nirvana Dictionary: Not What It Can But What it Must, page 11.
Miguel Tonga, Translated from the Portuguese by Ivana Carlsen:
- Alma Grande, page 13.
Juan Rodriguez Freile, Translated from the Spanish by Nina Scott:
- The Witch Juana Garcia, page 19.
Alberto Moravia, Translated from the Italian by Hélène Cantarella:
- The Secret, page 25.
Margareta Ekström, Translated from the Swedish by Eva Claeson:
- The World is Full of Buffalos and Palefaces, page 31.
Henri Michaux, Translated from the French by David Ball:
- Song of Death, page 38.
Molière, Translated from the French by Richard Wilbur:
- Amphitryon: Act One, Scene One, page 42.
Frantisek Halas, Translated from the Czech by Ron Banerjee:
- Le Charmeur des Rats, page 48.
- Le Coq Dissipe la Mort, page 50.
Lajos Varma, Translated from the Hungarian by Laszlo Tikos:
- Prophecies and Answers, page 52.
- God Bless Those…, page 54.
Christian Morgenstern, Translated from the German by Walter Arndt:
- Four Poems, page 56.
Georg Heym, Translated from the German by Peter Viereck:
- White-Haired in the Abominated Regions, page 62.
- White Butterflies of Night, So often Near Me, page 64.
Stefan George, Translated from the German by Peter Viereck:
- [Final Song], page 68.
Gottfried Benn, Translated from the German by Peter Viereck:
- Songs: I, page 70.
- After Pushkin’s “On the Hills of Georgia,” page 72.
Rita Dinale, Translated from the Italian by Melinda Kennedy:
- Africa Turning, page 74.
- Alpha in Omega, page 90.