The following is the Table of Contents from the Fall 2009 edition of Metamorphoses.
The complete edition, including the original language versions for the poetry, is available only in print.
- Editorial, page 12.
Arvind Krishna Mehrotra:
Astrid Cabral, Translated from the Portuguese by Alexis Levitin:
- River of Yesteryear, page 40.
- Urubamba, page 42.
- First Mirror, page 44.
Amanda Aizpuriete, Translated from the Latvian by Inara Cedrins:
- [Untitled], page 46.
Margareta Ekström, Translated from the Swedish by Eva Claeson:
- Before She Was Born, page 52.
- About Heritage, page 52.
- When She Was Very New, page 54.
- In the Morning, page 56.
- At the Window, page 58.
- At the Country Cottage, page 60.
- Very Close, page 62.
- The Blind Wall, page 62.
- About I and Dead, page 64.
René Villard, Translated from the French by J. Kates:
- The Cemetery of Saint-Nic, page 66.
Cecco Angiolieri, Translated from the Italian by Brett Foster:
- Deadbeat Dad, page 68.
- Just Do It, page 68.
- Our Dead Dads: A Celebration, page 70.
- Relentlessly Remorseful, page 70.
Mila Ramos, Translated from the Spanish by Natalia Carbajosa:
- Europa, page 74.
- Gaza, page 74.
Gracia Iglesias, Translated from the Spanish by Natalia Carbajosa:
- There was a Mermaid in my Glass of Water, page 78.
- An Intoxicating Pleasure, page 80.
George Seferis, Translated from the Greek by Miltiades Matthias:
- Pantoum, page 82.
Yehudit Ben Zvi Heller, Translated from the Hebrew by the poet:
- [Untitled], page 86.
- Morning Walk, page 86.
- Hansel and Gretel, page 86.
Hezy Leskly, Translated from the Hebrew by Adriana X. Jacobs:
- [Untitled], page 90.
- The Hour of Complete Forgetting, page 90.
- An excerpt from Poetry, page 92,
Apollonius of Rhodes, Translated from the Ancient Greek by Aaron Poochigian:
- Aphrodite Welcomes Hera and Athena to Her Home, page 94.
- The Trials of Jason, page 104.
Julia Franck, Translated from the German by Nedra E. Bickham:
- Crumb Cake, page 114.
Wolfdietrich Schnurre, Translated from the German by Ingrid Lansford:
- The Monastery, page 116.
Keto von Waberer, Translated from the German by Ingrid Lansford:
- High Fashion, page 121.
Cristina Fernández-Cubas, Translated from the Spanish by Andrea E. Olsen:
- Death in Captivity, page 128.
Espido Freire, Translated from the Spanish by Toshiya Kamei:
- The Black Sheep, page 143.
Yoshiro Takayashu, Translated from the Japanese by Toshiya Kamei:
- Memory and Infidelity, page 145.
- Translator’s Introduction to excerpt from The Lissome Maiden by Andreas Karkavitsas, page 147.
Andreas Karkavitsas, Translated from the Greek by Susan Matthias:
- Excerpt from Chapter 3 “The Celebrants,” from the  novel The Lissome Maiden, page 151.
Lydia M. Oram:
- Review: Nicanor Parra, After-Dinner Declarations, page 169.
- Review: An Anthology of Nineteenth-Century Women’s Poetry from Spain: In English Translation, with Original Text, page 187.
- Review: An Anthology of Modern Italian Poetry: In English Translation, with Italian Text, page 191.
Maria Nemcová Banerjee:
- Review: Ivan Divis, The Old Man’s Verses, page 172.
Marguerite Itamar Harrison:
- Review: The Underbelly of (Brazilian Society) Laid Bare: Nelson Rodrigues, Life As It Is: Selected Stories, page 180.
- Review: Marceline Desbordes-Valmore, Sarah, page 183.