The following is the Table of Contents from the October 1992 edition of Metamorphoses. The complete edition, including the original language versions for the poetry, is available only in print.
- An Editorial Consideration, page 1.
- Other Editorial Comments, page 4.
Ellen W. Kaplan:
- The Director as Translator, page 4.
Lisa Welt Trajan:
- The Translator as Involuntary Critic, page 6.
Elio Vittorini, Translated from the Italian by Melinda Kennedy:
- A Name and a Voice, page 8.
Edward Radzinski, Translated from the Russian by Laszlo Tikos:
- Various Encounters with the late Mr. Mozart, page 12.
Margareta Ekström, Translated from the Swedish by Eva Claeson:
- For Daily Use, page 20.
- Winter Omen, page 20.
- The Nice Playmate, page 21.
- Autumn Migration, page 22.
- The Song of the Ant, page 23.
- Instructions for Those Who Are, page 24.
- Afraid of Flying, page 26.
Henri Michaux, Translated from the French by David Ball:
- In the Night, page 28.
Adélia Prado, Translated from the Portuguese by Ellen Watson:
- Two Ways, page 30.
- The Alphabet in the Park, page 32.
Cameron A. Stracher:
- An Introduction to Copyright, page 34.
- What do You Think?, page 36.
- Just for Fun: A Letter from Maryland Tiskyevitz, page 37.