The following is the Table of Contents from the Spring 2008 edition of Metamorphoses.
The complete edition, including the original language versions for the poetry, is available only in print.
- Editorial, page 13.
- Review: Winter Fragments, Bartolo Cattafi, page 332.
Jan Sonnergaard, Translated from the Danish by Ingrid Lansford:
- Down to the Lake with Flemming and His Pump Gun, page 18.
Wolfdietrich Schnurre, Translated from the German by Ingrid Lansford:
- Pulling Up Fish Traps, page 35.
Carlos Trigueiro, Translated from the Portuguese by Clay Resnick:
- At Home with the Colonel, page 41.
Lydia Miranda Oram:
- Constructing the Hybrid/Transcultural Subject: Interpellating Tradition through Translation in Gustavo Sainz’s Gazapo, page 54.
Lee Hall and Maggie Horsnell:
- Photographs, page 73.
Barbara Siegel Carlson:
- Creating a Golden Boat, page 81.
Patrick Beurard-Valdoye, Translated from the French by Barbara Siegel Carlson:
- Portbou: Walter Benjamin, page 100.
Taja Kramberger, Translated from the Slovene by Barbara Siegel Carlson and Ana Jelnikar:
- Landscape, page 104.
Iztok Osojnik, Translated from the Slovene by Barbara Siegel Carlson and Ana Jelnikar:
- From “A Night with Li Po,” page 108.
Barbara Pogacnik, Translated from the Slovene by Barbara Siegel Carlson:
- Encounter, Setting Sail, page 110.
Primoz Repar, Translated from the Slovene by Barbara Siegel Carlson and Ana Jelnikar:
- Offered Lady, page 114.
J. Derrick McClure:
- Scots—A Language for Poetic Translation?, page 116.
Alfred Kolleritsch, Translated from the German into Scots by J. Derrick McClure with Heideline Prüger:
- Grenzen, page 126.
- Über das Fragen/Antworten, page 128.
- Im Äussersten, page 130.
- So Soll Es Bleiben, page 132.
- Aufbruch, page 134.
- Für die Übersetzerin, page 136.
- Zerstörung, page 138.
- Meinen Einfällen…, page 140.
- Das Haus…, page 142.
- Das Haus, In Dem Ich Geboren Wurde, page 144.
J. Derrick McClure:
- Glossary, page 154.
Gastão Cruz, Translated from the Portuguese by Alexis Levitin:
- The Swimmer, page 160.
- Song of the Waves, page 160.
- A Chirping of Birds in the Lagoon, page 162.
- The Four Seasons, page 164.
- Distance, page 164.
- Cool Lemons, page 166.
- Two Orchards (Estoi), page 166.
- Algarve, page 168.
- Song, page 168.
- Clouds, page 170.
- When the Sun Comes Up, page 170.
- Boats on the Lagoon, page 172.
Birhan Keskin, Translated from the Turkish by George Messo:
- Fan, page 174.
- Sun…Star, page 174.
- Phoenix, page 176.
- Mountain, page 176.
Galina Gamper, Translated from the Russian by Mark W. Halperin:
- Saint Petersburg Sequence, page 178.
Q. Horatius Flaccus (Horrace), Translated from the Latin by Will Shearin:
- Hard Work (Epode 8), page 184.
Serge Pey, Translated from the French by Yann Lovelock and Patrick Williamson:
- Excerpts from the second series (1-37) of poems in the collection Every Poem is a Decapitated Head Held up by a Single Hair, page 186.
François Villon, Translated from the French by Samuel Danon:
- Villon’s Epitaph (Ballad of the Hanged), page 194.
Jean de la Fontaine, Translated from the French by Pearl R. Hochstadt:
- The Frog and the Ox, page 198.
- The Cock and the Pearl, page 200.
- The Wolf Accusing the Fox, with the Ape as Judge, page 200.
- The Satyr and the Traveler, page 202.
- The Doctors, page 204.
Miquèl Decòr, Translated from the Occitan by Jeannette Shulenberger Rogers:
- Walking Throughout Minerve, page 206.
Hans Sachs, Translated from the German by Philip Krummrich:
- History: The Unlucky Love of Leander and Lady Hero, page 220.
“El Hor,” Translated from the German by Philip Krummrich:
- Hero and Leander, page 226.
Ryuichiro Utsumi, Translated from the Japanese by Toshiya Kamei:
- The Three-Legged Dog, page 230.
Teolinda Gersão, Translated from the Portuguese by António Igrejas and edited by Morgan Woolsey:
- The Reader, page 234.
Rocío Qespi, Translated from the Spanish by Aleksandra Carbajal and edited by Morgan Woolsey:
- The Cemetery of Acari, page 244.
Meir Aron Goldschmidt, Translated from the Danish by Ingrid Lansford:
- Sidi-El-Barduk and Zuleima (from Love Stories from Many Lands), page 257.
Gabrielle Emilie le Tonnelier de Breteuil, Marquise du Chatelet-Lomot, Translated from the French by Erik Liddell:
- Discourse on Happiness, page 274.
Evelyn Grill, Translated from the German by Jean M. Snook:
- Means of Flight (From The Working World of Just-A-Housewife), page 295.
Kikaku, Translated from the romaji (Japanese) by Joshua Gage:
- Translator’s Note, page 316.
- “Over the pigeon house…,” page 318.
Marguerite Itamar Harrison:
- A Narrative of Brazilian Resistance, Review: Ponciá Vivencio, Conceição Evaristo, page 320.
- Review: Musae Anglicanae Anglice Redditae, John Gilmore, page 324.
- Review: Qualche altro giardino, Jane Urquhart, page 326.
- Photographs from Greece
- Crete Path to the Sea, page 73.
- Winery, page 75.
- Corfu, page 76.
- Sea, page 76.
- Crete Path, page 77.
- Monastery, page 79.
- Doorway, page 80.
- Photographs from the Pioneer Valley
- Lemonade Stand, page 74.
- Hayfield, page 77.
- Lake, page 78.
- Snow, page 78.
- Ferris Wheel, page 79.