This position will work remotely for the duration of the internship. Applicant must have a laptop with working microphone and camera, a telephone, and reliable access to the Internet. Communication between Interns and NWHM Education staff will be conducted via telephone, email, and video conferencing.
The National Women’s History Museum seeks an intern to assist with a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, historic research, content creation, and image rights acquisition.
- Qualified candidates should be current or recent upper undergraduate or graduate students in history, museum studies, women’s or gender studies, or a related field.
- Applicants should possess strong research, writing and communication skills, as well as the ability to multitask.
- Prior experience with historic research in libraries and archives strongly preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be motivated to work independently.
The internship will run between June 3rd-August 14th, 2020. Candidate must be able to work at least 20 hours per week for a total minimum of 200 work hours over the course of the internship.
Interns will receive an honorarium of $500.
To apply, submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com with the subject line of “Education Research Internship.” Please note that your letter of interest also serves a writing sample.
To be considered for Summer 2020, applications must be submitted by 11:59pm EST on Friday, May 22nd.