2017 National School Climate Survey report includes information on LGBTQ middle and high school students’ experiences, including:
- Hearing biased language, from both students and educators
- Experiences of harassment and assault
- Anti-LGBTQ discrimination
- Effects of a hostile school climate on educational outcomes and psychological well-being
- The availability and utility of supportive school resources
This report also examines demographic and school differences in students’ experiences, as well as changes in school climate over time. In addition, for the first time, this installment of GLSEN’s National School Climate Survey also includes insights on LGBTQ-inclusive sex education, student activism, parent advocacy, experiences of LGBTQ students with disabilities, and experiences of LGBTQ immigrant students.